The Company is presently managed by G.R. Batcheller II (62) who assumed the position of manager after the untimely death of Mr. Batcheller, Sr.in 1960.
In 1974, the Company constructed a new state-of-the-art automated concrete masonry unit manufacturing plant with one-shift capacity of three million units. Equipment in the plant is continually being updated and in the winter of January 1999, a new $200,000 semi-automatic cuber and automatic splitting line will be installed.This will speed up production and allow easier handling of product as well as produce better splits for Keystone Retaining Wall units.
In 1978, the Company purchased the assets and operations of LAKES Division, Contech of Sioux City, and it became known as the Construction Supplies Division. This division resides in the Company’s Construction Supply Center at the main plant on East Third Street.
The year 1988 marked the Company’s entry into the clay brick business and the addition of a very complete attractive architectural showroom called “Brick Heaven” (where all good bricks go).
In 1991, the Company became a licensee for Keystone Retaining Wall Systems. In 1996, this was extended to encompass the manufacturing and sale of Keystone throughout areas 402, 712, and 515. Don Ronfeldt, Senior Vice President/General Sales Manager, and Kevin Cooper represent Keystone in the Iowa | Nebraska | South Dakota markets. Don Ronfeldt can be reached at 1-800-352-4644 and Kevin Cooper at 515-231-1196.
The year 1992 saw the addition of a complete residential glass block showroom called “THE CRYSTAL PALACE” in order to further the attraction of the residential customer.